Wednesday, August 4, 2010

CABIN BOY QUOTE-ALONG!!!



The Action Pack presents
a special Shark Week screening of the
CABIN BOY QUOTE-ALONG
Thurs, Aug 5 at the Alamo Ritz
Advance tickets available right here


"These pipes... are CLEAN!!!"

Oh man, I love the Alamo's shark week. There's no way I would have been able to pass a CABIN BOY Quote-Along through the programming staff if we hadn't specifically been looking for a movie with some shark action and more quotable lines than one guy just whining about not having a big enough boat. Fortunately for the good of the universe, CABIN BOY features Chocki the man-shark, and so the greatest Quote-Along of all time was willed into existence and I could not possibly be more excited.

I saw this gem for the first time in high school on its opening weekend, and it's the only time I've seen 20% of a crowd get up and leave during a film.

Tim League once rented this beauty while staying with his in-laws and even though that was over ten years ago their family STILL has a rule that Tim is never allowed to pick the movie when they go to the video store.

So if you don't get it, it's okay; you're in the majority. But trust me when I tell you that the majority is WRONG. CABIN BOY is genius, pure and simple. And it's where I learned how a harem girl dances.

Speaking of, we'll be starting this show off with a How Does a Harem Girl Dance? contest, and the winner of that will be awarded their very own sock monkey! And everyone will get a special prop to help us clean our pipes, but I probably shouldn't talk about that here...(Henri Mazza)

No comments: