Tuesday, April 13, 2010

TONIGHT: Girlie Night presents BIG



Girlie Night presents
BIG
Tues, 4/13, 7pm at the Ritz
Advance ti
ckets available here

Shimmy shimmy cocoa pop, shimmy shimmy roooock!!

Holy Zoltar, I love me some BIG. This movie fed my dreams as a kid more than any Barbie or Disney princess ever could. In fact, I'm still wondering when I'll reach the stage of adulthood that includes a massive New York penthouse with a trampoline and a job playing with toys all day because YES PLEASE.

Even though I'm officially an adult, I identify with Josh Baskin way more than any of the grown-ups in the movie because, seriously, who hasn't been tempted to blow their paycheck on pizza, Silly String and a sweet white tux? Not to mention the fact that I still don't really understand racquetball.

BIG is a reminder that getting old is no excuse to be boring, no matter what your married friends with kids might think (Psst! Bring them to the show! It's over by 10!).

Since Girlie Night is all about the squee, I couldn't be more excited to watch BIG with an audience who wants to hug Tom Hanks as much as I do. You better believe we'll be playing "Chopsticks" on a floor piano (I am not even kidding!) and eating baby corn in the most mature way possible. I read it. I said it. I stole my momma's credit! I'm cool. I'm hot. Sock me in the stomach three more times!
(Sarah Pitre)

No comments: