Monday, May 18, 2009

Girlie Night: CAN'T HARDLY WAIT



Girlie Night presents
CAN'T HARDLY WAIT
With super Ladybird Special prizes from Birds Barbershop!
Tues, May 19, 8pm at the Alamo Ritz
Advance tix available here


Every once in awhile, I miss high school. You, know, those halcyon days when social status was defined by cafeteria tables and weekends were full of house parties where people puked in the pool, when my biggest problem was whether or not I should break up with my hot but totally stupid jock boyfriend in favor of the sweet and sensitive editor of the literary magazine...except, OH WAIT, that wasn't my life! I never got invited to wild parties, and the chances of me getting a boyfriend were on par with the development of my boobs - nonexistent.

CAN'T HARDLY WAIT is the High School party Movie of the 90s, and it delivers on everything you would expect from this genre: a lovesick "nerd" unbelievably played by a totally adorable actor; a smart and sassy indie chick who tells it like it is; a trifecta of nerds who make lots of X-Files references; twenty different party montages paired with '90s alt rock (yes!); and, of course, major comic relief in the form of Special K, the white kid who thinks he's black.

Bring your yearbooks for a little sharing time before the movie begins, cuz like Melissa Joan Hart says, "THESE ARE MEMORIES FROZEN IN TIME PEOPLE!" Join us on Girlie Night, and we can all laugh together about that time we got locked in a bathroom with Seth Green. Yeah, that was awesome.
(Sarah Pitre)

No comments: