Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Crack some Creme Brulee tonight at the Ritz!!!

Looking around the programming office of the Alamo recently, I noticed that we-re a bit of a sausage fest these days. As I looked around at all the stubble and receding hairlines, I thought that maybe, just maybe, all that testosterone was having an effect on our programming. Then I looked at the line-up of genre films in this year's Fantastic Fest and the sheer number of horror films we're cramming into October, and I knew it to be a total and complete fact. Now, I'm not saying that girls don't like horror. I'm not saying that guys don't like romance. I'm just saying that it's high time we all appreciated the more feminine side of our nature. So from now on we're taking at least one Tuesday night a month and turning it over to the Girlie side of life, to films with relationships, and kissing, and all of those other things that will probably give us cooties. Fortunately, we've got our circle circle dot dots ready, so what better film to launch this series than AMELIE, the charmingly sweet tale of one girl who enjoys the simple things in life, but still dreams of discovering more of the world's complexity?

We'll have free creme brulee for everyone in attendance at these screenings, plus a our bartenders have put together a special French Martini that will ONLY be available for these shows! Enjoy a vodka martini with raspberry liqueur and pineapple juice, served in a chilled glass w/ a sugar rim.

Get your tickets here.

No comments: